As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you, such as, for example, your name, address, or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Propeller to provide a third party with your personal information.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROPELLER COLLECTS. We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or engaging in any discussion forum;
- when you register to establish a user account on any of our Websites; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
4. WHAT PROPELLER DOES WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Emails. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Propeller.
Participating in our Community: Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Websites (any such person, a “Registered User”), you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. Providing your email and/or real name is optional. If you voluntarily provide your real name in connection with any content you submit to any Website, your name may be associated with the content you contributed.
5. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. In general, it is not Propeller’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Propeller may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites.
If Propeller is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Propeller will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Propeller is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
6. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA THE WEBSITES. Propeller has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Propeller stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmission or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Website if any such security breach occurs.
7. DATA USAGE POLICY: NON PERSONAL BROWSING AND SITE USAGE INFORMATION. Our data usage policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our server (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. Cookies and web beacons also may help Propeller monitor site usage and traffic so that Propeller can better configure the site for visitors’ needs. Although we may record information about your usage and associate that information with you, personal information will not be collected or stored on a cookie or web beacon.
11. SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS. The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from the United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States, which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data, you consent to:
- transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Effective Date: June 1, 2012